Pages



just a girl who LOVES vintage, shabby-chic & romantic decor ... pretty things "oozing" with femininity
the romance & wit of jane austen ... a cup of tea ... gardening & decorating with whites, pastels & soft muted colors
finding a place for those chipped & time worn pieces that may not be "perfect" but have a very special place in my heart




kindness

kindness






Stop & Smell the Roses xo

Stop & Smell the Roses xo



----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~ * ~ --------------------------------------------------------------------------



Thursday, November 12, 2009

Little Princess Tea Parties ~ "The Beginning"


Enchanted Cottage ~ Sterling                                                                                             
 Little Princess Tea Parties /* "the beginning" my story ... I'd like to take a few moments to introduce myself and share how "Little Princess Tea Parties" came to be ... from the very beginning ... as far back as I can remember ... I have wonderful & cherished memories of my childhood ... from playing "princess" in one of my grandmothers gorgeous satin housecoats ... it's arms tied around my waist, so as to have a long & flowing train ... clicking about in her high heels and dripping from head to toe in her costume jewelry ... to playing "teacher" with my stuffed animals ... and "art-tist" as I was very content drawing, cutting, creating & coloring for hours, especially in my "Cinderella" coloring book ... eventually becoming  a pre-teen "mother's helper" to "working teen" babysitting local children ... which .... after several years ... would eventually lead back to "teaching" in a classroom


I've always enjoyed working with children and have had a passion for being creative ... I love decorating & creating little vignettes for my home & gardens, collecting tea cups & vintage china, shabby-chic decor & furnishings ... I also treasure old books ... gardening, romantic script and poetry are among my favorites ... especially romance novels ... and I absolutely adore fairy tales & children's books for the wonderful stories and beautiful illustrations ... Jane Austen is my favorite author with her wit & charm ... an era of romance, afternoon teas & gorgeous ball gowns ... Quiet Moments ... spending time with nature & gardening ... I think I could spend hours in the garden ... planting & pruning ... enjoying the view ... reading & sipping tea on an old porch swing ... I believe all of these things that I love ... have paved the way ... to what is now ... one of my favorite things to do ... "hosting tea parties for little girls" ... for it is truly a "creation" combining my passions, love for children, tea parties and make believe!


Princess Lynn 
My occupation as the
"Fairy God-Mother" 
and granting wishes to little girls 
has truly been a dream come true!  
Creating memories that will be cherished for a life time & being part of each little girls "special" day ... as they celebrate birthdays and other occasions is truly amazing! ... It's wonderful watching little faces light up as they find "secret" friends hiding amongst the flowers ... sharing giggles & laughter over tea ... dressing up and becoming beautiful  princesses as they choose the perfect gowns, slippers & jewels ... taking delight in silly conversation & games ... twirling & dancing to their hearts content ... it's truly a magical moment ... and ... my hope is to bring that moment of delight & feeling truly special ... to each & every little girl I have the pleasure of meeting!




  
Sterling, Massachusetts ... a lovely little town in New England ... just one town away from where I actually grew up... and it is here in the "Enchanted Cottage" that "Little Princess Tea Parties" actually took root & began ... with just a dream ... and ... as the song goes from one of our favorite stories ... "A Dream is just a wish your heart makes ... when your fast asleep" ... so after taking a leap of faith & a little bit of help from some "fairy" friends ... renovations began on the little building located in the back garden ... and before you could sing "bibbidi bobbdi boo" ... "Fairy God-Mothers "charming" & "quaint" little cottage was a reality! 

Since the beginning ... it's been beyond thrilling to see "vision" become "reality" ... "welcoming" little girls into an "enchanted" and "charming" atmosphere ... one that was created just for them ... where having "tea with the Fairy God-Mother" is truly a "magical & wonderful experience" 

Creating "Little Princess Tea Parties" has taken a tremendous amount of time & energy ... I've put my heart & soul into every aspect ... perfecting every little detail over these past few years ... the party's have exceeded expectations ... and I absolutely LOVE what I do! ... it's truly been an incredible experience to be a part of something so amazing ... seeing each of the girls "personalities" shine thru ... and ... knowing ... that each and everyone of them ... regardless of age ... has enjoyed themselves "beyond measure" and wanted to return again & again!

The cottage is beyond delightful ... oozing with "pink" and everything "girlie" ... dripping in "princess" & "fairy" decor ... it's a wonderful time of make believe! .... even Moms have a difficult time pulling themselves away & declare they'd like a party of their very own ... which, is truly the highest compliment ... as no one wants the clock to strike "midnight" and have the party come to an end!


It's because of these few "magical" hours ... which allow the girls to feel truly "special" ... I love my occupation as the the "Fairy God-Mother" ... with all it's "whimsy" & "fluff" ... it's been such a delight ... for young & old ... as they celebrate all those "special occasions" & "everything in between" ... for they truly loved coming to the "Enchanted Cottage" with all its magic & wonder!


Now to the Present ... I've just recently relocated from New England to the charming little village of Mount Dora, Florida and although I miss my family & friends terribly ... the warm & sunny climate of central Florida is very welcoming so the next step is to find the "perfect" place to call home


My hope is to continue to bring all the "little princesses" I may encounter ... along the way ... the same sense of awe & wonder that begins "Once Upon a Time" & ends "Happily Ever After" 

Looking forward to helping "dreams come true" by hosting a delightful
"tea party" for your little princess & her guests  ~ Love, Lynn /*

4 comments:

  1. I want a little princess tea party! haha
    So cute and magical!

    I just wanted to ask you since you are a blogger friend if you could go vote for me today? I am one of the finalists in a contest and I would love to win! If you could go and just vote for my blog: littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com at
    http://homies.apartmenttherapy.com/2009/category/kids-at-home that would be great! There are instructions on my blog if you need them!!!!!!!!

    Thanks a bunch
    xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. Your little cottage is truly gorgeous. I'd love to have a princess tea party. You're a great inspiration. I'm excited for the girls you host there just by seeing a picture. I adore your get up - if I could get to wear a tiara and a princess dress everyday I'd be the happiest women ever, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Priscilla!

    It's soooo nice to hear from you!

    I would have LOVED to have voted for you (but sadly) when I went to cast my "vote" the contest was already closed ... Guess I missed it by one day, so let me know if you enter another & you've got my vote!! :)

    Lynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Priscilla & Uma!

    Thank you sooo much for the lovely compliments about my tea parties & the cottage ... they mean the world to me!! xo

    I have photos of the parties & cottage posted on "facebook" ... if you'd like to see them!

    Sorry ... I haven't been around much ... I'm in the process of trying to find a "new" place to have my parties.

    I thought I had a place all worked out, but (sadly no) ... so NOW I'm starting over & hoping to find a "shop of my own" in the village (there are some empty ones) but they can be rather expensive ... weighing all my options & feeling a little sad about moving from Massachusetts to Florida & away from family & friends!

    I miss my "little cottage" ... but ... am hoping to find a place really soon ... where I can decorate "exactly" the same & bring that same "magic" & "wonder" into little girls lives!

    Hopefully, things will fall into place very soon!

    I truly LOVE & BELIEVE in what I'm doing ... and knowing that so many LOVE & BELIEVE in me too & think that I'm inspiring, WOW ... I don't know what to say ... except ... thank you from the "bottom of my heart" ... it really helps when those little pangs of doubt & uncertainty (that we all have) spring up from time to time!!

    Thanks for being such a good blogger friends & showing me that I just have to keep the faith ... that I'm going to find the perfect place & I'm where I'm suppose to be!

    Hugs & Kisses ~ Lynn xo

    p.s. ~ thank you for loving my "princess" attire and wanting a party of your own ... getting dressed up is so much fun & you're not the only "moms" who feel that way ... I actually have a several "prom" dresses for that very reason! :D

    I say ... "tiaras" & "dresses" for us all, why shouldn't we be as happy as the little ones?! xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by to say "hello" ... I LOVE reading your thoughts & comments ... they truly make for a lovely day ~ hugs & kisses ~ Lynn





Thank you so much for stopping by & saying "hello"

Thank you so much for stopping by & saying "hello"
I love reading your thoughts & comments ♥

lovely friends








a wish is a dream your heart makes

a wish is a dream your heart makes
a wish is a dream your heart makes ... when you're fast asleep ~ Cinderella

~ * ~ My Grateful List ~ * ~

  • A FEW THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE :)
  • Amusement & Theme Parks
  • Art, Writing & Poetry
  • Autumn ... walking thru the leaves
  • Babies ... precious
  • Ball Gowns & Fancy Dresses
  • Ballet gowns & slippers
  • Bed & Breakfasts
  • Being Creative & Designing
  • Being near the Water
  • Bicyle rides
  • Birds playing in a birdbath
  • Bread warm from the oven
  • Bunnies, Kittens & Puppies
  • Butterflies & Dragonflies
  • Caligraphy & Cursive handwriting
  • Cherubs & Angels
  • Children laughing
  • Chipped white furnishings
  • Chocolate covered strawberries
  • Coloring
  • Comfy, over-stuffed furnishings
  • Companionship of pets
  • Cottages & Picket Fences
  • Crocheting
  • Decorating & Designing Vignettes
  • Enjoying an outside/indoor concert
  • Fairies, Folk-lore & Fairy-tales
  • Flip-flops
  • French toast ... ummm
  • Gardening, Landscaping & Nature
  • Gardens & Patios
  • God's Word
  • Going on a picnic
  • Holiday Decorations
  • Horses grazing in a field
  • Hot chocolate on Christmas Morning
  • Ice Cream Cones
  • Jane Austen Books & Movies
  • Kittie's purring & headbonks
  • Laying in a Hammock
  • Linen & Lace
  • Listening to crickets
  • Local & Professional Theatre
  • Local Artisian Fairs & Flea Markets
  • Lovely cards
  • Motorcycle Rides
  • Museums & Art Galleries
  • Music
  • Needlepoint & Cross-stitching
  • Old Black & White Movies
  • Old Books, Words & Drawings
  • Old, chipped china
  • Paddeling leisurely in a boat
  • People who minister to others
  • Photography & Multi-Media
  • Pink, White, Green, Blue & Yellow
  • Puttering in the Garden
  • Quaint Restaurants & Pubs
  • Quaint Villages
  • Quilts ... soft & worn
  • Reading
  • Reminising ~ Old Family Photos
  • Rose covered arbors
  • Roses, Peonies & Hydrangeas
  • Sepia & tinted photograhy
  • Shabby-chic
  • Singing outloud with the radio
  • Skirts & Tee-shirts
  • Soft cool grass beneath your feet
  • Soft pillows
  • Soft summer rain
  • Sparkling Tiaras
  • Stone walls & garden paths
  • Swinging in an old wooden swing
  • Tea & Scones
  • Tea Parties
  • Tea Pots & Tea Cups
  • The aroma of something delicious
  • The first snow fall
  • The sound of birds singing
  • The Victorian Era
  • Traveling ~ Near & Far
  • Traveling by train
  • Twinkling white lights
  • vintage hats
  • Vintage looking jewerly & fashion
  • Visiting Family & Friends
  • Walking along a winding path
  • Warmth of the sun
  • Watercolors
  • Window Boxes
  • Wine, cheese & warm bread





change is on the horizon

change is on the horizon
making room in my heart & soul for "changes" & "new beginnings"

once upon a time & happily ever after


I have always loved stories
that began "Once Upon a Time"
and ended with "Happily Ever After"

although, life may not always turn out the way we wish ...
isn't it nice to have the faith & innocence of a child
and still believe in life's infinite possibilities?!

just me

just me
the fairy god-mother




BITTERSWEET GOODBYE

BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
Bittersweet Goodbyes "enchanted cottage"
aigre-douce aideux maison enchantee`
massachusetts ~ summer 2009

Sometimes ... It's not easy saying "AIDEUX"

LET'S BE THANKFUL for OPEN DOORS ~*~
"when one door closes,
a new one opens"

The Garden Gate Tea Room ♥
blessings & blissful interludes

The Garden Gate Tea Room ♥<br>blessings & blissful interludes
BITTERSWEET MEMORIES ♥
The Garden Gate Tea Room
formerly located in the lovely & quaint village of Mount Dora, Florida

the closing of this beautiful tearoom is heartbreaking & very personal,
as it was owned & operated by a very dear friend

sadly, the beautiful building in which it resided was sold in July of 2014

this special place will be truly missed, especially by those who had the pleasure of attending lovely luncheons, tea parties & blissfull interludes under the beautiful canopies of roses & bouganvilla

breathtaking weddings ~brides who celebrated their special day at The Garden Gate were blessed with the most beautiful rooms, garden & grounds imagineable

every story

every story
Every STORY has an END
but in L I F E every
END is a just a new
BEGINNING . . .






a few of my favorite things

a few of my favorite things

fairytale cottage

fairytale cottage

Dreaming of a little "pink" cottage


the "queen of pink"
and I have been dreaming
of a "sweet little cottage"
just like the one in the photo below ...
where we can sit on the front porch,
sipping tea & enjoying the view
from a wicker rocker

while she's "dreaming"
the afternoon away ...
enjoy a "few" of our favorite things
for turning our present "little dwelling"
into a "sweet little cottage"

~ hugs & kisses xo

little "pink" cottage

little "pink" cottage

the "queen" of pink dreaming

the "queen" of pink dreaming

vintage

vintage

teacups

teacups

feminine attire

feminine attire

pretty aprons

pretty aprons

sparkling crystal

sparkling crystal

cabbage rose fabric

cabbage rose fabric

pink & aqua fabric

pink & aqua fabric

vintage wall coverings

vintage wall coverings

chandeliers

chandeliers

chandelier & roses

chandelier & roses

crystal doorknobs

crystal doorknobs

lovely doors & windows

lovely doors & windows

sweet slumber

sweet slumber

sweet dreams

sweet dreams

pretty linens

pretty linens

leisurely bubble baths

leisurely bubble baths

paper roses

paper roses

pink roses

pink roses

peonies

peonies

rose covered arbor

rose covered arbor

a "secret" garden

a "secret" garden

with a lovely swing

with a lovely swing

enjoying a novel

enjoying a novel

playing photographer

playing photographer

entertaining friends

entertaining friends

bunnies

bunnies

and their babies

and their babies

songbirds singing

songbirds singing

pretty blue birds

pretty blue birds

a bicycle for "exploring"

a bicycle for "exploring"

a sweet puppy

a sweet puppy

adorable "tea cup" terrier

adorable "tea cup" terrier

and a pretty dress

and a pretty dress
time for "tea & crumpets"




sweet love songs

sweet love songs
image - graphics fairy
L O V E
is a canvas pattern
furnished by nature,
& embroidered
by imagination

~ author unknown

gateful

gateful
Let us be
GRATEFUL
to the people
who make us
happy ...
they are the
charming
GARDENERS
who make our
SOULS blossom

~ marcel proust











sprinkling of fairy dust

sprinkling of fairy dust
Take a sprinkling of fairy dust,
An angel's single feather,
Also a dash of love and care,
Then mix them both together.

Add a sentiment or two,
A thoughtful wish or line,
A touch of stardust, a sunshine ray.
It's a recipe, for a Baby Girl truly fine.

~ author unknown






sharing secrets

sharing secrets
since there is nothing
so well worth having as FRIENDS,
never lose a chance to make them

~ franceso guicciardini